Thursday, July 22, 2010

Politico Prejudice

Ask about anyone where they stand on politics and they claim to be centrist or middle-of-the-road.

This goes to my colleague who is not in "any party" and not a Republican. Every time we go to lunch Rush Limbaugh is yelping on his SUV's AM radio. As for the Tea Party, they "just don't like big government." Gimme a break!

My liberal chum drives a Prius and railed about Carl Rove for years. When a buddy spews some right wing falsehood (Obama a Muslim, or not born in the USA), he goes bonkers.

My self-evaluation of my politics. I'm Democrat. I've voted that way all but twice in Presidential elections since 1980. When Reagan-led Repubs hooked up with the far-right Christian wing, I leaned more left.

The point is we all have strong opinions. We want our people to win.

Yet the problem is the folks on the far fringes of each side. There's so much hate and a willingness to do whatever it takes to crush the opposition.

Can't we all just get along or just be civil?

No comments:

Post a Comment